Sunday, March 25, 2012

Free Online Dating May Not Be Worth the Cost





The concept of online dating has become so much more mainstream than back in the day that it makes it seem like you can almost shop & buy love nowadays. The idea of free dating sites is relatively common & a hot-spot for those that are looking for dates on a discount you could say. Unfortunately, I do believe this correlates to a cheap quality of individuals thinking not much is required but much will be given if that makes sense. 


Basically, in my opinion, I have found members of the opposite sex on a free dating site I've been using to be lazy quite frankly. Its astonishing how many have created profiles that are blank or very bare to the point where you don't see the sense in them having made one at all! Maybe its just me but to expect more than what you are putting out is not fair to those that are actually on the site for a benefit & ARE putting in the effort by posting truthful, candid information about themselves in hopes of finding a half-way decent match. 
I  wasn't lying when I said I looked like Halle Berry


I think, unfortunately, this experience I've had online dating recently has just been a mirror of what is actually taking place out in the "real world" of dating but on a technological scale of sorts. I think its realistic that men are generally expecting more than what they deserve when you look at how some are not keeping up their appearances well enough to warrant them catching a hottie or "Halle Berry" & etc. but that doesn't stop those same dudes from holding high standards of who their "girl" will be. 
Hitting up the clubs isn't much better since the idea or notion of getting a dance requires a drink be bought has almost totally been thrown out the window. The idea of wooing a woman has been really pushed to the back burner & instead there is a general mentality I've noticed that almost says, "what can you do for me?" Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free, as the saying goes, I believe still rings true to this day. Perhaps the blame can be placed on both sides, men & women that is, but that's debatable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More